My flatmate and friend, Lizzie from It’s me, Lizzie has nominated me for this, what I call the ‘ice-breaker’ blog challenge.
- Thank the person who nominated you by placing a link to their blog in your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs. (NOT the person who nominated you)
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- What was the last book that you couldn’t finish?
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear “vampire story”?
- Do you remember the book/series that gave you a love of reading? What was it?
It was Harry Potter – I was young, believed films came before the books, only I saw Deathly Hallows in the bookshop after the Fifth film was released, so I thought it was the sixths book. Read it, loved it and got absolutely mad at Dumbledore. I didn’t know he was dead, even at the end of the book so it was a surprise for me when I read them in the correct order.
- What are your three “desert island books”?
Ugh! The knife of never letting go, Fearless, Tom’s Midnight Garden? I dunno. Books!
- How do you feel about love triangles? How about in stories that aren’t primarily of the romance genre?
I hate Romance books. I don’t mind love triangles in any genre, as long as it doesn’t take over the book!
- What would you say is your favourite genre? Least favourite?
Least favourite is above. Favourite is probably fantasy
- Do you make a point of reading the book before seeing the movie?
Now I know the truth, Yes.
- Paperbacks or ebooks?
Hardbacks but love e-books too. Paperbacks are too fragile
- If you had to go out for coffee with the protagonist of the last book you read, who would you be going for coffee with? How do you think it would go?
The little kid, Ella, from The Longest Whale Song. I’ll probably be regretting giving her coffee as she’ll be a nervous wreck that is also bouncing off the rules.
- If you HAD to swap lives with a fictional character, which one would you choose?
…………. I’m thinking………… I’m thinking. …… I can’t think of any…… OH the Doctor! Then I can see history and be home on time and have all the time I want too… but then danger follows the Doctor so maybe not.
- Recommend some books to the people reading this!! Do it!
Katy by Jacqueline Wilson, Mister Monday by Garth Nix, The Fire Within by Chris de Lacy, Bloodchild, Fearless by Tim Lott,
- Sophie from Sophie-My Life
- Cristian Milhai from irevuo
- Bethany from The Unofficial Librarian
- Max? from maxxes book topia
- Yesha from books, teacup & reviews
- What is your favourite film and why?
- What is your favourite hobby?
- Do you play the Sims?
if no what games do you play and why?
If yes what is your favourite collection and why?
- If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get?
- What are your pet peeves or interesting things about you that you dislike?
- What’s the ideal dream job for you?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be…
@Lizzie That was HARD but fun :p